Thursday 25 April 2013

Adelaide's Mini Maker Faire




So I understand Maker Faire's are quite popular over in the US of A, but here in Adelaide they are not very common at all. In fact, this year, the very first maker faire was put on.
For those who are unaware, a maker faire is where people from anywhere come to show off there work or invention. It could be anything from textile artistry to book binding, 3D printing to Dalek building. (yes, there is an Adelaide Dalek Builders Union. I'm a little scared!) It's pretty much, in fact I think its tagline is, the greatest show (and tell) on Earth. If that doesn't explain it, nothing will!
 It was awesome! This is only the second faire in the whole of Australia, and that Makes us pretty damn cool, if you ask me!
So anyway, me, my boyfriend, my sister, and my Dad all went out to visit this faire. It was the nerd place to be! Everyone I went with fit in well! (Maybe a little too well!) It was held at the Adelaide College of the Arts which is really a beautiful building! The view from the top is awesome. :)

it was a very enjoyable experience and I would quite enjoy going again! Looking forward to seeing what appears at next years and seeing what weird stuff our city is doing that we don't know about! It's exciting to see what people work on behind the scenes!




a 3D printer
The view from the balcony on the middle level :)




No comments:

Post a Comment