Tuesday 28 May 2013

Joy: Learning Life's Lessons With a Light Heart

So, I am currently reading the book 'Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy' bu Sarah Ban Breathnach, and it is pretty incredible. I seem to be reading it at the exact time that I feel I should be. Every day it brings something new for me to ponder on during the day. Everyday it has a page for what you should focus on during the day, or however long it takes for you to grasp that concept.


But one I have had in mind particularly to share with you guys is January 19th. The title is 'Joy: Learning Life's Lessons with a Light Heart'. I will just write a small part from it now. 

'Learning to live in the present moment is part of the path of joy. But this requires a profound inner shift in our reality. Many of us unconsciously create dramas in our minds, expecting the worst from a situation only to have our expectations become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Inadvertently, we become authors to own own misfortune. And so we struggle from day to day, from crisis to crisis, bruised and battered by circumstances without realizing that we always have a choice. 
But what if you learned how to stop the dramas and started to trust the flow of life and the goodness of spirit? What if you began to expect the best from any situation? Isn't it possible that you could write new chapters in your life with happy endings? For many of us this is such a radical departure from the way we have been behaving that it seems unbelievable. Yet it is possible. Suspend your disbelief. Take a leap of faith. After all, what have you got to lose but misery and lack?
Begin today. Declare out loud to the Universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy. It just may take you at your word. What's more, you'll discover, much to your amazement and delight, that such blessings have been waiting patiently for you to claim them all along.'

My favorite line in the whole thing: What have you got to love but misery and lack? 
I find it very difficult to not see the bad part of things and to expect it to turn out badly. That way, I don't get disappointed, but I have tried to convince myself that being positive about everything not only will it lead to good things, but I wont be disappointed at all. It's a hard thing to tell myself!

I am looking forward to claiming all the blessings that have been waiting for me, are you ready to claim yours?

Let me know what you thought about that article in the comments below! 
Have a nice day! 


2 comments:

  1. I love that. I read a lot of Eckhart Tolle (I absolutely recommend his books The Power of Now and A New Earth) and his teachings are similar. Living in the present and not projecting into the future; it can make such a difference in your life. I'm going to look into this book!

    www.flockingowls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Thanks for the recommendation! I look forward to getting into that!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete